Them box brownies, you know the just add water ones, they are my favourite: Super duper easy. Plus you can wash the wisk and bowl while they are in the oven and they come with a cardboard baking “tin”, so no washing up afterwards. This time I had a little something something (my graduation) to celebrate, so I took them to the next level, but still in a low effort way. Let’s goooo.
- YOu favourite mix for Box Brownies (surprise surprise): I used this one
- Whichever things it says on the box (water and sometimes butter)
- 1 pack of oreos
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate spread (I use a cookies & cream one I had in the cupboard)
Dishes you’ll make
- Mixing bowl
How to make them
- Preheat your oven like instructed on the box. Make the brownie batter as instructed on the box, continue here as soon as the batter is done. Don’t add it to your baking “tin” yet.
- Add 2/3 (-1 oreo, you have to check them right?) of your oreos to a bag and smash them with a pan or rolling pin until quite broken down. Add the oreos to your brownie batter and fold them through. Tip it into your baking “tin”.
- Blob your chocolate spread over the brownie batter and cut through with the back of a knife to make swirls. Break your last 1/3rd of oreos into bigger chunks and spread them over the top. Bake for as long as instructed on the box. Check with a skewer to make sure they are not soupy anymore. A few crumbs can stick to the skewer, this means the brownies will be fudgy.
- Let them cool down for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Have a wonderful world chocolate day! Check out this Banana Bread Brownie Bar recipe if you’d like to give another twist to a box brownie. What is your favourite way to take something like a cake/ brownie mix to the next level?