A few weeks ago I went away for a holiday and when I came back my boyfriend had been experimenting in the kitchen! He made these chipotle chicken bowls for dinner and I was superenthousiastic, so I just have to share his recipe with you.
For the chicken & marinade
- 300 grams of chickenbreast
- 2 1/2 tsp of chopped Chipotle in Adobosauce (we use La Morena)
- 50 ml of water
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 red onion or 1/2 a small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime
For the bowl
- 100 gr Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 Bell pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 200gr Black Beans
- 200 gr sweet corn
- Doritos Nacho Cheese
- 1/2 Avocado
- 50 gr Cheddar
- 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt
> You can vary the toppings. Leave out or add whatever you’d like!
How to make it
- Roughly chop the onion and the garlic. Put the chopped chipotle in adobosauce, onion and garlic in a blender, together with the water, olive oil, cumin, chili, paprika powder, salt and the juice of half a lime. Blitz until smooth.
- Grab the chicken from the fridge and cut into 2cm x 2cm cubes. Add to a ziplock bag with the chipotle marinade. Let sit in the fridge for approximately 3 hours. Don’t leave it in for much longer, as the lime will start to “cook” the chicken.
- Prep your bowl toppings. Cut the lettuce and the bell pepper into strips and tomatoes in segments (so half your quarters). Drain and rinse the corn and black beans.
- Heat a skillet on the stove until hot. Don’t add oil! Add the chicken and the marinade and bake until it is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Mix the yoghurt and the remainder of the lime juice and some black pepper and salt to make the yoghurt sauce.
- Combine everything with the Doritos in a bowl, top it off with grated cheddar and a drizzle of yoghurt sauce. Enjoy!
What is your favourite dish with Chipotle peppers? I honesly am not experienced/ used to eating spicy food, but this one is completely customizable. If you do like it spicy-er, feel free to add some more chipotle! Please tag me on Instagram if you’ve made it, I would love to see.